Feel stronger, fitter & more with
What Is Group Active?
Group Active is perfect for the super busy and super fit who need to get it all in at once – cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility. This is also an ideal class for those who are new to exercise or have not exercised in a long time.
What will I do?
In 60 minutes you’ll do it all; cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility! This will be achieved over 11 tracks, each with a specific focus. Each track has motivating music to guide you through your workout:
- Cardio Warm-Up – Gets you loose, warm, and ready to go for the workout with some basic simple movements.
- Cardio Basics – The cardio work starts to build and sweat starts to drip as we step up and down on The STEP® to increase the heart rate.
- Cardio Intervals – Two words…lungs and legs! Cardio training goes up another notch with interval training mixed in to focus on lower body strength
- Cardio Peak – 20 minutes of cardio training finishes off with a bang in this high-energy track making use of athletic STEP movements
- R&R – No rest and relaxation but restore and recover! Simple, feel-good movements are done to bring the heart rate down and get ready for strength training.
- Back – Time to grab the dumbbells. Exercises like Deadrows and Reverse Flys are performed to make you stand taller and stronger!
- Chest – Now we move to the front of the body with dumbbell exercises such as Chest Presses, Chest Flys, and even a few Push Ups!
- Arms – Finish off the upper body using small muscle group exercises such as Bicep Curls, Tricep Presses, Tricep Extensions, and Shoulder Presses. Your arms will be leaner and stronger.
- Balance – Focuses on improving your balance to assist in your coordination, athleticism, and posture – it will make you smile!
- Core – The final strength track ensures your core muscles are strong so you can do more…and your abs look great!
- Flexibility – Stretching ensures flexibility and recovery, so you’ll be ready for your next Group Active class!
Is it for me?
Group Active is perfect for:
- Anyone who is new to exercise or that has not exercised in a long time
- Those that are just unsure of where to begin with exercise
- Infrequent exercisers that want a well rounded workout
- Individuals with a busy schedule that need a comprehensive time-effecient workout
- The experienced exerciser that wants to be able to work hard and do it all in one hour
How often should I do it?
Group Active is designed to be done one to three times a week. You should allow your body at least 24 hours of rest in between workouts so that your muscles can recover.
Remember that your first class only happens once. After attending Group Active 3 times, you will get into a rhythm of things and should feel like a pro.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a towel andwater bottle
- Arrive 15 mintues early to set up your equipment
- Stand close to the centre of the room for better view of the instructor
How will I feel?
You may feel apprehensive or nervous before your first class. No one likes to be “new” at anything. Group Active instructors are trained to help you feel successful, so be sure to let them know you are new to class.
During the first few classes you may feel awkward and even uncoordinated at times. After this, you will feel more comfortable because you will be familiar with the class format, terminology, exercises, and equipment. Start with light weights and the 4″ STEP platform with no additional risers. Be prepared to get warm and to break a sweat. As you become more confident, you’ll be able to increase the intensity of the workout to suit your specific needs.
After class you will feel a sense of success from getting your first class under your belt. It is important to know that you may be sore for several days afterwards because your body is adjusting to the new demands on your muscles. This is perfectly normal. Enjoy the sore muscles; you earned them!